This is a sponsored post on behalf of the El Dorado County Fair.
School’s out and summer’s here! It’s time to celebrate blue jeans and country dreams at this year’s El Dorado County Fair!
The fun and excitement begin the second week of June this year at the El Dorado County Fair, with 4-H and FFA livestock shows, carnival rides and games, exhibits, music, contests, wheelbarrow races, mineral and gem shows, Extreme Freestyle Moto X Spectacular, Bullfest, Mutton Bustin, and all the food you can eat from corn dogs to tacos.
For the past 5 years our family has journeyed ‘up the hill’ to take part in one of the most enjoyable fairs around, the El Dorado County Fair. Full of spirit and everything you would expect to find at a fair, our children have found a love for a few unique events only found at the El Dorado County Fair:
- The CDF Exhibit – Kids get to try on real firefighter’s gear and extinguish a ‘fire’ with a real fire extinguisher. They even hold a race to see who can get dressed in the gear the fastest.
- Feeding the 4-H animals (with the help of the 4-H handlers of course).
- Learning how to pan for gold at the museum.
- Purchasing a grab-bag of minerals, gems and crystals from the Mineral and Gems show.
Come and join us this weekend at the El Dorado County Fair! We’d love to see you there!
El Dorado County Fair – Blue Jeans & Country Dreams
The El Dorado County Fair is old-fashioned family fun and a Father’s Day tradition for many. From the rockin’ bands to the Mutton Bustin and Extreme Freestyle Moto X Spectacular, there is something fun for just about everyone.
Entertainment for this year’s fair includes:
- Swift Country featuring Kaylee Starr – bringing a salute to Taylor Swift.
- Tim McGraw Tribute Band – featuring Tom Drinnon, aka Tom McGraw.
- Rolling Stones Unauthorized – ‘The Greatest Tribute to the Greatest Rock n’ Roll Band in the World…‘.
- Halie O’Ryan All Stars Rock Band – an artist who gives back, sharing her verve for music as a USO Tour Artist.
- Mick Martin & the Blues Rockers – an innovative, hard-driving Blues and Rock with a Rockabilly twinge.
- Sweet Adiction – a group of 5 girls from Sacramento who are sure to be the next American girl group sensation.
- Jason Buell & the Double Barrel Band – a great country band- Put on your Boots and Cowboy Hat and Have some FUN!
- Aftershock – the 9-piece jazz-rock and R&B band from the Placerville/Sacramento area.
- Midlife Crisis – a hard-driving, high-energy classic rock dance band.
- The Reruns – a tribute to one of the greatest decades in music history – the 1960s.
Pricing and Information
Looking to save at the fair? Be sure to get your tickets early and save. Presale prices are going on now through June 12th, the end of today.
Special pricing days for this year’s fair include: Senior Day and Kid’s Day on Thursday, June 13th; Teen Day on Friday, June 14th; and Father’s Day on Sunday, June 14th where dad gets in FREE when he wears the Father’s Day t-shirt included in the presale package.
On grounds parking is $6.00 per car at the fairgrounds, or you can take advantage of Free Parking & Free Shuttle to and from fair main gate on Placerville Drive.
Visit the El Dorado County Fair website for a full schedule of events, and more information on this year’s pricing.
Keep up with the latest news from the El Dorado County Fair!
For the latest information on the El Dorado County Fair, follow the El Dorado County Fair on:
…and don’t forget to take part in this year’s fair excitement on your favorite social media outlet with the hashtag #edcf2013!
About the El Dorado County Fair
The El Dorado County Fair is held annually at the El Dorado County Fairgrounds in beautiful Placerville, California. With the purpose of promoting agricultural and animal husbandry, local resource and industrial promotion, education, entertainment, competition, youth development, and community outreach, the fair attracts approximately 65,000 people over it’s 4 day run in June during Father’s Day Weekend.
Please read my disclosures for more information about sponsor posts.