The 2016 Kia Sorento SXL AWD is a fun and functional SUV our family loves. From the panoramic roof to the roomy 2nd and 3rd row seating with rear air conditioning, our kids were quick to exclaim this is the ‘Best car ever!'
For me, I loved everything about the Kia Sorento. From the smart interior layout with rapid charge USB ports to the push button start with Smart Key and ‘hands free' power lift gate, because with four kids my hands are always full.
2016 Kia Sorento SXL AWD Review
This past weekend the little ones and I took the 2016 Kia Sorento SXL AWD on a road trip through the Central Valley of California. As we embarked on our trip, we quickly fell in love with this sporty SUV. Large enough to hold our seemingly mega-family, the Kia Sorento has the feel and drive of a small compact car.
With the Kia Sorento's premium Nappa leather trim seating, heated rear seats, and comfortable independent front and rear suspensions, our kids felt cozy enough to sleep though every mile we drove. As much as I wanted that fun photo of my kids leaping through the top of the panoramic roof they love so much, it just never happened.
Although I'm bummed I missed that fun photo opportunity, I have to admit I relished in the pleasure of a relaxing trip without having to hear, ‘Are we there, yet?' over and over. Sometimes it's the simple, quiet things in life.
The three drive modes featured on the Kia Sorento include: NORMAL – giving you balanced performance dynamics; ECO – to help maximize fuel economy with engine, transmission, and even AC management; and SPORT – which enhances engine and transmission settings and stiffens the steering feel for performance driving.
As part of the smart interior layout of the Kia Sorento you can see how easy it is to switch drive modes with the touch of a button just below the shifter, without having to take your eyes off the road.
I know I keep referring to the Kia Sorento interior as a ‘smart interior,' but it really is. Any button you could possibly need is within arm's reach and the image labels on the buttons are clear and comprehensible.
But this isn't all the 2016 Kia Sorento SXL AWD has to offer. Check out the additional features below, are learn more about why we fell in love with this vehicle.
Additional features of the 2016 Kia Sorento SXL AWD include:
- 3.3L v-6 Engine
- 5-Speed Automatic Transmission with Sportmatic
- Independent Front and Read Suspension
- Full-Time AWD w/ Lockable Center Differential
- 19″ Chrome Alloy Wheels
- Dual Front Advanced Airbags
- Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags (1st and 2nd Row)
- Anit-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Blind Spot Detection System (BSDS)
Interior, Comfort, and Convenience
- Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Rear Air Conditioning
- Infinity Surround Sound Audio System
- UVO eService Telematics w/Rear Camera Display
- Navigation System with 8″ Display
- SIRIUSXM Satellite Radio w/Free 3 months Subscription
- Rapid Charge USB Ports / Auxiliary Input Jack
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology
- Premium Nappa Leather Trim Seating (1st and 2nd Rows)
- Power Adjustable Driver's Seat w/Power Lumbar Support
- Memory Driver's Seat Position
- 50/50 Split Folding 3rd Row Seats
- Heated Read Outboard Seats
- Push Button Start with Smart Key
- Heated Leather -Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
- Premium LED Fog Lamps / Read LED Lamps
- Panoramic Roof with Power Sun Shade
- Heated Outside Mirrors w/Turn Signal Indicators
- Smart ‘Hands Free' Power Liftgate
Check out a few more of our family's favorite features of the 2016 Kia Sorento SXL AWD.
Our family was provided the opportunity to test drive the 2016 Kia Sorento SXL AWD through DriveShop for one week. No compensation was provided and all opinions are my own.