MARVEL's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is kicking off the summer movie season with a bang as the galaxy's most unlikely band of misfit heroes explore the outer regions of the universe in a spectacular intergalactic ride like you never imagined. Wildly entertaining and fun, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 brings all the excitement and awesomeness the first film brought back in 2014 while giving audiences a deeper, more emotion look at the characters and the stories. While we absolutely love the film, there were a few characters that we instantly bonded with. Here's our list of 6 unexpected characters we love in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and why we love them.
Want more? Don't miss all the behind the scenes details from the film. Check out our Guardians of the Galaxy 2 cast interviews!
6 Unexpected Characters We Love in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – And Why We Love Them
- Groot – Topping our characters to watch in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is Groot. No longer a baby, Groot encompasses the sassy toddler stage with the best of them. You can't help but fall in love with Groot, his young innocence, his toddler anger and outbursts, and his love for everything around him. And the fact the film opens with the greatest Groot dance scene ever is a testament to how much MCU loves him too.
- Kraglin – While we didn't get to see much of Kraglin, Yondu's first mate, in the first Guardians of the Galaxy film, we definitely a closer look at him and his story now. Always loyal to Yondu, Kraglin is met with some tough decisions in this film. As he battles with the abandonment and loss of someone close to him, we see Kraglin overcome some steep challenges as he embraces his new role in the GOTG universe. Fun fact – Sean Gunn (Kraglin) also voices on-set Rocket. Sean himself is pretty darn amazing!
- Yondu – Yondu is one character who shows his emotional side like no other in this film. Mentally naked and vulnerable, we see Yondu, who is normally a force of strength, in one of the most touching yet heartbreaking moments of this film. No matter what your thought was on Yondu before this film, you can't help but want to give him a big warm hug by the end of the film.
- Nebula – Another character we didn't get to know very well in the first GOTG film was Nebula, Gamora's adopted sister. In Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, not only do we get to know about Nebula, we learn the back story of the family tension between her and Gamora. We also get another look into just how horrible Thanos can be, even to his own children.
- Taserface – While a minor enemy to the Star-Lord and his gang, we love Taserface just for laughable his name. And as you'll see in the film, the Ravagers love his name just as much as we do.
- Ego – This isn't just a nod to the character, but to Kurt Russell as well. We just simply can't see Ego played by anyone else. The chemistry between Peter Quill and Ego as father and son is spot on.
And the music, the music is everything you'd expect from the sequel to Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1.
As with any MARVEL film, you'll definitely want to stay through the credits. There are some amazing cameos from character including Charlie 27 and a few of the Watchers.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is the perfect sequel to the original film, and we recommend families everywhere to go see it this weekend.
About Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Picking up where “Guardians of the Galaxy”—2014’s highest grossing film of the summer—left off, Marvel Studios’ “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” continues the action-packed, irreverent, epic space adventures of Peter Quill aka Star-Lord and his gang of eccentric characters as they patrol and protect the universe, doing mercenary work in the wake of the popularity and fame they garnered from saving Xandar.
Set to the backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, the story follows the team as they fight to keep their newfound family together while traversing the outer reaches of the cosmos to unravel the mysteries of Peter Quill’s true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes’ aid as the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to expand.
Portions of this material have been provided courtesy of Walt Disney Studios.