This Asian Salmon and Rice Recipe with Sesame Ginger Soy Sauce has a balanced flavor that is not too sweet and not too spicy. The sauce itself is perfect for pairing with any Asian dish, from fresh fish, to chicken, and even sushi.
We love to serve this fresh salmon recipe over rice with freshly blanched vegetables like broccoli, snap peas, and water chestnuts.
Our go to rice is Sprouted California Blonde Rice. California Blonde rice offers brown rice nutrition with white rice flavor. Plus, with the same great nutrition as Sprouted Brown Rice, “California Blonde” is great for kids, or anyone with a taste for white rice. It offers softer texture and faster cooking time, and is Gluten Free, Non-GMO and Whole Grain.
Asian Salmon and Rice Recipe with Sesame Ginger Soy Sauce
Featuring classic Asian ingredients like ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and Sriracha, this dish is sure to satisfy the foodie in your life. Serve this dish over prepared rice with a variety of vegetables for a healthy, low-fat meal.
- 2 pounds salmon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger. or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 cups prepared Sprouted California Blonde Rice
- medley of fresh vegetables like broccoli, carrots, snap peas, water chestnuts, blanced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place salmon onto the prepared baking sheet and fold up all 4 sides of the foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, Sriracha and pepper, to taste. Reserve 1/2 the mixture in a separate bowl.
- Spoon the honey mixture over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon, covering completely and sealing the packet closed.
- Place into oven and bake until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Open the packet and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until caramelized and slightly charred.
- Serve over Sprouted California Blonde Rice with a medley of fresh vegetables. Top with additional sauce and garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.