This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoldfishMix #CollectiveBias
Kids love football as much as anyone else which is why we always create a fun, kid-friendly recipe the day of the big game. These Baked Cheddar and Parmesan Zucchini Sticks not only help “keep kids in the mix” during game time, but they are also a great way to sneak some extra vegetables into their diets.
For us, football is all about family time. From our daughter and myself cooking delicious game day treats together in the kitchen, to our boys spending quality ‘man time' with their dad, watching football has become heartfelt winter tradition in our house.
Far too often though we see game day menus that are catering to adults, leaving kids with little or no choices to eat. Talk about a penalty on the field!
Instead, we like to create fun, appetizing finger foods kids love using some of our kid's favorite snacks. Using snacks like Goldfish crackers, with a pervading wholesome intent, are a great way to spice up many traditional recipes, and to create a new and unique recipe kids will devour, making game day snacking a win-win for parents and kids!
Baked Cheddar and Parmesan Zucchini Sticks
Packed with bold Italians flavors like Parmesan and Romano cheeses, thyme, oregano, basil, and garlic, kids and adults alike will rush to score the last bite of this baked cheddar and parmesan zucchini sticks game time snack.
Plus, since these amazing zucchini sticks are baked and not fried, you can rest easy your kids are enjoying a treat that is part of a wholesome diet.
- 4 zucchini, cut in half then quartered lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cup Goldfish crackers – Cheddar, Made with Whole Grain, crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan & Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 raw eggs, scrambled
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- additional Parmesan for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1 1/2 cup Goldfish crackers – Cheddar, Made with Whole Grain in a large plastic bag and crush. This is a great job for the kids. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, and garlic powder. Mix to combine.
- Add crushed Goldfish crackers to seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, beat two large eggs.
- One zucchini stick at a time, dip each zucchini stick in the egg, then roll it in the crumbs and place on a baking sheet. Trust me when I say this, resist the urge to dip more than one stick at a time. If you don't, too much egg will get in your mix and you will end up with a thick solid mass of crumbs.
- Place baking sheet into oven and bake until zucchini sticks are tender, about 15 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the crisp and golden brown.
- Garnished with parsley and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.