Send your taste buds on a vacation to the islands with these refreshingly sweet Coconut Key Lime Muffins topped with Sweetened Coconut Flakes and Key Lime Glaze. You won’t have any guilt eating these muffins when you substitute 1/2 the fat with Tillamook’s Farmstyle Greek Yogurt.
Tillamook’s Farmstyle Greek Yogurt contains no artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors, growth hormones, or high fructose corn syrup. It also features locally sourced fruit and nuts from the Pacific Northwest as well as buttermilk cultures for a less tart taste.
Tillamook offers 8 different varieties of delicious Farmstyle Greek Yogurt to choose from. Some of our favorite flavors include Oregon Blueberry, Cinnamon Hazelnut and Oregon Strawberry, which consumers preferred vs. Chobani Strawberry in a blind taste test 62% vs. 38%*. They’re perfect for eating on their own, or incorporating them into your favorite recipes, like my Coconut Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze.
Coconut Key Lime Muffins with Glaze
For the Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup whole Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
For the Glaze
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons fresh key lime juice
For the Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper holders.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until combined. Beat in yogurt, eggs, key lime zest, and juice.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter. Top with coconut.
- Bake about 18-20 minutes on until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool.
For the Glaze:
- Place powdered sugar and lime juice in a small bowl and mix well.
- After muffins have cooled completely, drizzle glazed onto each muffin.