We like to kick off the new school year with a sweet and special treat for the teachers and staff to say welcome back, we missed you! This dark chocolate fudge brownie recipe will surely score points galore making you the number one mom at school, plus it tastes great with a morning cup of coffee. (Doesn't everyone eat chocolate for breakfast?)
Brownies are inexpensive and easy to make and are the perfect gift idea for individuals and groups alike. You can serve a batch of dark chocolate fudge brownie to a large group on a colorful serving platter from your favorite discount store, or wrap each brownie in a plastic candy bag with a personalized gift tag creating a homemade gift everyone will love.
Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownie Recipe
This smooth and rich dark chocolate fudge brownie recipe is quick and easy to make. To enhance the deep, rich flavor of dark chocolate, add a touch of instant espresso powder and taste what a difference it makes – your chocolate will sing!
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 12 Tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- Place butter and chopped chocolate in a double broiler over simmering water. Stir until chocolate and butter are completely melted. Let mixture sit for a few minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and optional instant espresso powder until combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and whisk until completely incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and whisk to incorporate.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
If you love this dark chocolate fudge brownie recipe, try our Dark Chocolate Cranberry Bark Recipe, Salted Dark Chocolate Popcorn Recipe, Dark Chocolate Toasted Marshmallow S'more Ice Cream Recipe, and Almond Joy No Bake Cookie Bars with Dark Chocolate Ganache.