This post is in partnership with Universal Pictures.
Nothing is more fun than slipping out of the ordinary and into something a shade darker, which is exactly what a few of my closest friends and I did this past weekend to celebrate Fifty Shades Darker coming to theaters this month. We celebrated with a fun masquerade-themed girl’s night out with some delicious drinks and desserts, and now I’m sharing all of our Fifty Shades Darker party ideas with you to inspire you to create your own fairy tale with a dark side. This Valentine’s Day, slip out of the ordinary when Fifty Shades Darker opens in theaters February 10th.
Fifty Shades Darker Party Ideas and Recipes
Fifty Shades Darker returns to the big screen this month as we find Anatasia Steele unable to resist her desire for the alluring Christian. Daunted by the taste and dark secrets of the beautiful young entrepreneur, Ana agrees to rekindle their searing sensual affair after Christian agrees to the new arrangement demanded by Ana.
As the two begin to build trust and find stability, shadowy figures from Christian’s past start to circle the couple, determined to destroy their hopes for a future together. While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Ana must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her.
The party ideas from our Fifty Shades Darker masquerade-themed girl’s night out featured a tablescape that dazzled, with a black and white theme featuring red accents to coordinate with the novel and the Fifty Shades of Grey Red Satin wine. The sparkling backdrop completed our table setting and served as the perfect photo backdrop for guests enjoying a few drinks and desserts.
To add a little mystery and fun to our event, guests had the opportunity to snap photos with these enchanting paper masquerade masks. They even became the hit of the party going home with a few guests.
"Nothing plain or old about vanilla — it's a very intriguing flavor." Just like this Passion Pink Sangria! #fiftyshadesdarker #ad #girlsnight #girlsnightout #gno #foodie #tgif . . . #FancyShanty #PhotoOfTheDay #LiveColorfully #CommunityOverCompetition #BloggerVibes #YoureWelcome #BossLady #RisingTideSociety #GoViral #SMM #TheGoodLife #Photography #BehindTheScenes #BlogLife #InstaDaily #Lifestyle #LifeStyleBlogger #Cali
And since I LOVE giving treats as much as I do throwing a party, we added some treat boxes for guests to fill with cookies or chocolates to snack on throughout the party, or take home for a late night indulgence.
As a gift for all who attend our amazing Fifty Shades Darker party, we packed a fun swag bag with a t-shirt, lip balm, vanity bag, and of course a copy of the book with the movie tie-in cover.
Slip into something a shade darker. #fiftyshadesdarker hit theaters 2/17/17 #ad #girlsnight #girlsnightout #gno #foodie #tgif . . . #FancyShanty #PhotoOfTheDay #LiveColorfully #CommunityOverCompetition #BloggerVibes #YoureWelcome #BossLady #RisingTideSociety #GoViral #SMM #TheGoodLife #Photography #BehindTheScenes #BlogLife #InstaDaily #Lifestyle #LifeStyleBlogger #Cali
Good friends, good food, and good drinks celebrating #fiftyshadesdarker #ad in theaters 2/10/17. #girlsnight #girlsnightout #gno #foodie #tgif . . . #FancyShanty #PhotoOfTheDay #LiveColorfully #CommunityOverCompetition #BloggerVibes #YoureWelcome #BossLady #RisingTideSociety #GoViral #SMM #TheGoodLife #Photography #BehindTheScenes #BlogLife #InstaDaily #Lifestyle #LifeStyleBlogger #Cali
Now I know you’re dying to learn more about the recipes we featured. Check out our two signature Fifty Shades Darker party recipes below. You won’t believe how easy they are to make!
Passionate Pink Sangria
Fresh, sweet strawberries bounce off the slightly tart strawberry Vodka in our Passionate Pink Sangria recipe. If your favorite rosé wine is not available, substitute the rosé wine with a sweet Moscato and reduce the amount of sugar added. Don't forget to eat the drunken fruit, they are divine!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle rosé wine
- 1 cup strawberry vodka
- 2 1/2 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1/4 cup stevia or sugar (optional)
- 10 fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- In a large pitcher, combine wine, vodka, and 1/2 of the strawberries. Taste for sweetness and add sweetener if necessary, and stir.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 6.
- Just before serving, add Sprite, the rest of strawberries and gently stir.
- Serve over ice with a strawberry garnish.
Fifty Shades Strawberry Cheesecake Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites
Chocolate and strawberries are a match made in heaven, and nothing enhances the flavor of fresh strawberries like rich dark chocolate. Instead of serving a heavy dessert at your next party, try these delicious bite-sized treats bursting with fresh summery flavor.
Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites
- 1 cup Butter
- 5 ounces, weight Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 3 whole Large Eggs
- 1-1/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar, For Sifting
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp strawberry preserves
- In a medium-large saucepan, melt the butter with the unsweetened chocolate over low heat, whisking occasionally until smooth and melted. Sprinkle in cocoa powder and whisk to combine. Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla until just combined.
- One at a time, stir in the eggs.
- Gently stir in the flour until halfway incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and stir just until combined.
- Makes balls of about 2 tbsp of dough. Press cookie dough in bottom and about 1/3-1/2 way up the sides of each cupcake cup, forming a cup shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling. The centers should fall a bit while cooling. If the centers aren’t cupped enough to add filling, use the underside of a measuring tablespoon to press the center down a bit.
- Once cookies have cooled, make the cheesecake filling. Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and strawberry preserves until smooth.
- Spoon or pipe the cheesecake filling into the cookie cups and top with a fresh strawberry. Cookie cups should be refrigerated until served.
Do you have any Fifty Shades Darker party ideas you would like to see added to this event? Share them in the comments below.
Make plans to see the film with girlfriends or have a flirty date night at the movies this Valentine’s Day with a special someone. Fans can get their tickets on Fandango now.
Intrigued? Watch the trailer below.
Portions of this material have been provided courtesy of Universal Pictures.