Eating healthy doesn’t come any easier than by adding Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey to your favorite recipes. This light and healthy protein will turn your favorite recipes, like our Garden Fresh Turkey Taco recipe, into a nutritious meal that tastes great and that the entire family will love!
We LOVE cooking with Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey! Really! We’re seriously addicted to it. So addicted to it that we consume a Costco 4-pack of Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey every 1-2 weeks. I’m not kidding.
I know you must be wondering, what in the world do we make with all that ground turkey? Well, we make just about anything we want. From our Perfect Crockpot Marinara Sauce with Meat recipe to our Hearty Crock Pot Chili recipe, and we even make tacos, burgers, lasagna, Spanish rice, zucchini boats, meatball sliders, stuffed peppers, and more!
Now I’m sure you’re wondering, why do we love to cook with ground turkey instead of ground beef? The answer is simple. Ground turkey is a healthy alternative to ground beef, lower in calories and saturated fat, and is an easy substitute in any meal. If a recipe calls for ground beef, simply substitute an equal amount of ground turkey for a light and healthy meal.
Best of all, Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey is USDA Certified Organic, locally grown in California, antibiotic free, and raised free-range on organic land. As with all Foster Farms products, Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey is 100% natural with no added hormones or steroids.
You can find Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey in bulk at Costco, and in select supermarkets in CA, WA and OR.
Garden Fresh Turkey Taco Recipe
Bursting with fresh flavors like tomatoes, avocado, jalapeno, and cilantro, this Garden Fresh Turkey Taco recipe will take your taste buds on a refreshing journey through a bountiful garden.
If you want to take this recipe up a notch, try adding your favorite summer ingredients like squash and zucchini, fresh corn off the cob, and black beans. You’ll even love serving this recipe in lettuce wraps!
- 1 package Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- 1/4 c taco seasoning, prepared with 1/2 c liquid
- 1-2 tomatoes on the vine, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro
- 2-3 limes
- 6 fresh flour or corn tortillas
- Heat a large cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add one package Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey and cook, while stirring and breaking up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon, until browned. About 3 minutes. There’s no need to drain the grease! Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey is 93% lean and there will not be any grease.
- Add prepared taco seasoning and liquid, and simmer lightly until the sauce is thickened. About 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a separate cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place one tortilla at a time in the pan. Heat until lightly brown and crisp, turning once. Fill each tortilla with seasoned ground turkey meat, set aside.
- Top tacos with fresh garden herbs and vegetables like diced tomatoes, diced avocado, diced onions, minced jalapenos, fresh cilantro, and a bit of fresh lime juice. Serve immediately.
For more ground turkey recipe inspiration like this recipe for Garden Fresh Turkey Taco recipe, visit Foster Farms’ #TurkeyTuesday Pinterest board!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey.