You'll love this Hearty Crock Pot Chili recipe! Packed full of starchy legumes, protein, and veggies, this hearty crock pot chili recipe holds its own as a complete meal in one bowl. Add even more of a kick by increasing the number of red pepper flakes, add a smokey flavor by using ground jalapeno instead of chili powder, or add a bit of richness and healthy fat when you top this recipe with half a sliced avocado.
Hearty Crock Pot Chili Recipe
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey or buffalo meat
- 4 cups tomato soup (water based not milk based)
- 15 ounce can of white beans, drained
- 15 ounce can of kidney beans, drained
- 15 ounce can of black beans, drained
- 15 ounce can of pinto beans, drained
- 15 ounce can of lentils, drained
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced red onion, or more if desired
- 1 to 2 heaping tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 heaping teaspoon sea salt
(Optional: Serve with 1/2 avocado, diced)
- Brown lean ground turkey (or buffalo meat) in a skillet and drain.
- Add cooked meat and remaining ingredients except for salt to a crock pot. Stir and cover.
- Set crock pot on high for 4 to 5 hours, or low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir and taste occasionally, adjust seasonings as needed.
- Add salt just before serving.
How do you top you hearty crock pot chili recipes?