You know you love something when you can't stop driving it, and that's exactly how we felt with the 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring. From BlogHer to LAX to the beaches in Malibu, the luxury-grade interior makes the Mazda6 Grand Touring one of our favorite fuel-efficient, mid-sized sedans.
2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring
To say this past week has been a hectic one is an understatement. We kicked off the week at BlogHer16, and since I live locally to this years event I traveled to and from the event everyday. In the midst of all the BlogHer fun and networking, we headed to Cost Plus World Market in Ventura County to host a fun demo teaching customers how to create their own DIY terrariums, and the fun didn't end there.
We were back to BlogHer the next day, stopping by LAX to pick up my husband who was returning from a business trip back east before heading out to the world premiere of Pete's Dragon in Hollywood. Yes, it was that crazy of a week.
The one thing that kept me calm, comfortable, and relaxed while zipping between events was being able to travel in style in the 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring.
At first glance, the sleek design of the Mazda6 is one of my favorite body styles on the market today, and the leather trimmed sport seats and leather wrapped steering wheel are a refreshing welcome to the mundane interior of many vehicles on the market.
The 7.0″ touchscreen display nestles perfectly within the dash surrounded by a simplified control panel, helping the driver keep focused on the road ahead. A favorite feature I have loved throughout the Mazda line is the media center control knob below the shifter that allows a driver to control the navigation and stereo without taking their eyes off the road.
The rear seats in the Mazda6 Grand Touring were roomy enough to fit our three children (with two car seats) which is a rare find in many sedan this day. The dual-zone auto-climate control with rear seat vents assured everyone was comfortable and happy throughout the ride.
Two additional features I love in the Mazda6 Grand Touring is the Hill Launch Assist and the Rear Cross Traffic Alert. The hill launch assist is not something every driver might notice in town, but with the steep hills and inclines throughout the Beverly Hills mountains this features adds a little extra security when staring from a stop on a steep hill. No longer do I have to worry about rolling back into the car behind me. Yes, even in an automatic.
The rear cross traffic alert is perfect for smaller drivers like myself, who have a difficult time seeing around large SUV's parked on either side of the car.
The Mazda6 Grand Touring, much like the Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible and Mazda3, have helped Mazda become a favorite make of cars for our family. Whether you live on the road for work or are simply a road trip enthusiast, the 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring will be a welcome addition to your family.
2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring: Base Price starts at $30,195. As driven, $33,410.
Additional Features of the Mazda6 Grand Touring include:
- SkyActiv-G 2.8L DCHC 4-Cyl Engine
- SkyActive-Drive 6-SpeedSport A/T
- 184 Horsepower: 185 lb-ft Torque
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- Electric Power Assisted Steering
- Independent Front/Rear Suspension
- Front/Rear Stabilizer Bars
- 18″ Alloy Wheels
- P225/45 R19 All-Season Tires
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
- Power Side Mirrors W/Turn Lamps
- Heated Side Mirrors
- Auto-Dimming Driver Side Mirror
- Dual Exhaust W/Bright Outlets
- Rear Lip Spoiler
- Auto On/Off LED Headlights
- Adaptive Front-Lighting System
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- LED Fog Lights
- LED Combination Taillights
- LED Lighting Signature Grille
- Power Moonroof
- Leather Trimmed Sport Seats
- Heated Front Seats
- 6-Way Power Drivers Seat W/Power Lumbar Support & Seat Memory
- 6-Way Power Front Passenger Seat
- Auto-Dim R/View Mirror W/Homelink
- 7.0″ Color Touch Screen Display
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone/Audio
- Paddle Shifters/Commander Switch
- Rearview Camera
- Advance Keyless Entry System
- Electronic Parking Break
- Active Driving Display
- Steering Wheel Mounted Controls
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Cruise Control
- MID W/Trip Computer
- Power Automatic Door Locks
- Power Windows W/One-Touch (4)
- USB Audio Input & HD Radios
- Dual-Zone Auto Climate Control W/Rear Seat Vents
- 60/40 Split-Fold-Down Rear Seat
- Bose 11-Speaker Sound System
Safety and Security Features
- 36-Month/36,000 Mile “Bumper to Bumper” Warranty
- 60 Month/60,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
- 5-Passenger 3-Point Safety Seats
- Latch Child Safety Seat Anchors
- Smart City Brake Support
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Blind Spot Monitoring System
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS With EBD & Brake Assist)
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Hill Launch Assist
- Advance Dual Front Air Bags
- Front Side-Impact Air Bags
- Front & Rear Side Air Curtains
- SkyActiv-Body Ring Structure
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Our family was provided the opportunity to test drive the 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring through DriveShop for one week. No compensation was provided and all opinions are my own.