Make your own beautiful Mediterranean inspired patterned tile drinks coasters. This craft will look great on the coffee table or would make a lovely DIY gift for a loved one. You could make a set of these Mediterranean patterned tile coasters all with different patterns.
Mediterranean Patterned Tile Coasters
- Tiles (approximately 100mm x 100mm)
- Blue porcelain paint or porcelain pens
- Fine tipped paintbrush
- White paint
- White felt
- Clear varnish (optional)
- Start drawing your pattern onto the tile with the blue porcelain paint or pen. If you are using paint be sure to use a fine-tipped paintbrush to help you make the intricate patterns. Start the pattern from the middle of the tile and work outwards in a circular shape. Use a mixture of lines, dots, dashes and flowers.
- Paint the edges of the tile with the white paint and leave to dry. Then turn the coaster upside down and paint the underneath of the tile white. If the sides and bottom of the tile are quite dark you may need to add another coat of paint.
- Once the paint has dried cut a square from the white felt, slightly smaller than the size of the tile. Cover one side of the felt in glue and stick to the bottom of the tile – this will stop the coaster from scratching the table. Turn the tile back over the right way and your patterned coaster is complete! For extra protection of the pattern, you may want to add a layer of clear varnish over the top once all the paint is completely dry.
If you're in love with this easy DIY Mediterranean patterned tile coasters project as much as we are, be sure to share this tutorial with your family and friends by pinning the image below.