The long, slow cooking process found in this Prefect Crockpot Marinara Sauce with Meat recipe adds a depth of flavor that can't be matched, as the natural sugars from the tomatoes began to caramelize and provide the same deep flavors as a freshly roasted tomato.
Perfect Crockpot Marinara Sauce with Meat Recipe
Bursting with flavor, this Perfect Crockpot Marinara Sauce with Meat Recipe is our go-to recipe anytime our schedules get overbooked. Made with popular ingredients found in most pantries, this recipe comes together in no time and simmer all day while you go about life.
Plus, you can customize this recipes with your favorite protein, whether it's turkey, chicken, lamb, beef, or your perfect sausage recipe. Serve this recipe over pasta, with meatballs, or as a marinara for lasagna.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound ground meat (turkey, chicken, beef, lamb, or sausage)
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 28oz can crushed or ground, peeled tomatoes
- 2 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Swirl to coat the bottom of the pan to coat. Add the onion and garlic and saute, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 7 minutes. Lower the heat if they begin to burn. Transfer sauteed onion and garlic into crockpot.
- Brown ground meat in the same cast iron skillet. Transfer browned meat into crockpot.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and the tomato paste and stir until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Add the remaining sauce ingredients, stir, and set the crockpot to low for 4 hours.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.