Little ones will love creating everlasting roses for mom in their favorite colors with bright or pastel colored, kid-friendly pipe cleaner crafts. You can create a single rose flower or bundle 3, 5 or even 12 flowers for a beautiful Mother's Day bouquet.
Pipe Cleaner Crafts – Rose Flower
- 24 Pipe Cleaners (can be one solid color or a rainbow mix of colors)
- 1 Green Pipe Cleaner (for stem)
- Gather 24 pipe cleaners with ends even, and twist one end of the green pipe around the center of the bunch leaving a stem with the remainder of the pipe cleaner.
- Open and spread out your now 48 strands (legs) of colored of pipe cleaner. Make a very tiny bend on the end of each leg, rolling it back onto itself resembling a snail shell. Start rolling each leg from the bend into the center, pulling back as you roll to make the roll as tight as possible.
- Arrange each rolled “petal” of the rose. Begin with the two innermost rolls and work outward, arranging and organizing the petals until you are happy with the flower's shape.
- For a sturdier stem, fold the green pipe cleaner in half again and twist.
Optional: To add a leaf, twist a second green pipe cleaner around the stem, where it meets the flower. Roll each leg of the green pipe cleaner into the center as you did for the rose. Pinch the outside of each roll to give it a leaf shape.
What favorite pipe cleaner crafts do you make for Mother's Day?