Nothing says fall like the smell of pumpkin baking in the oven, and this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Muffins is no exception. The flavors of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg produce a deep, rich flavor resembling that of a fresh, hot pumpkin pie. Pair this delectable treat with my perfect honey-cinnamon butter for a treat that will please all your holiday guests.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Honey-Cinnamon Butter
Serve this easy recipe for Pumpkin Spice Muffins as a hearty breakfast treat for holiday guests. Your house will burst with the scents of the holidays as the Honey-Cinnamon Butter melts over the steaming hot, fresh out of the oven muffin.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 15 ounces can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- (Optional: Add 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts)
Optional: Honey-Cinnamon Butter Recipe (see recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour two standard muffin tins (or line with muffin liners).
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- In you mixing bowl, beat sugar and oil in a large bowl to blend. Mix in eggs and pumpkin.
- Slowly stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture.
- Add optional nuts, if desired.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing each muffin. Cool completely on the wire rack. Muffins can be stored, in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 5 days.
To use this recipe as a bread recipe:
- Butter and flour two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans
- Prepare batter as directed above.
- Divide batter equally between prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Transfer the pans to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing each loaf.
- Using a sharp knife, cut around the edge of each loaf. Turn loaves out onto wire racks and cool completely.
The Perfect Honey-Cinnamon Butter
My perfect honey-cinnamon butter is sure to become a favorite recipe of your family. With a bold, sweet taste, this butter will enhance any meal of your day. Add it to a variety of pastries, vegetables, and even a selection of meats to wow the toughest food critics in your house.
- 1 pound butter
- 1/2 cups honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut the butter into chunks.
- Place butter into the mixer's bowl and beat at low-speed, using the whisk attachment to loosen the butter.
- Increase the speed to medium and add the honey, cinnamon, and vanilla extract and beat until well combined, about 5 to 7 minutes.
We hope you enjoy our favorite recipe for homemade pumpkin spice muffins.