Between homeschool, running a business, and chairing a little league board position, I have little time to plan a weekly menu. Thankfully, Martha & Marley Spoon makes it easy to enjoy home cooked meals like this Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Roasted Zucchini without the hassle of planning or shopping. Martha & Marley Spoon is the perfect service for a bustling home like ours, saving you the time to do the things you really want to do.
Check out four reasons why we love cooking with Martha & Marley Spoon, and why I know you'll love them too! You can even try the Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Roasted Zucchini recipe from our Martha & Marley Spoon at home with the recipe below.
Why We Love Cooking with Martha & Marley Spoon
- You decide on the menu. – Choose from a variety of delicious recipes from Martha's kitchen.
- Skip the grocery store. – Fresh ingredients are delivered directly to your door on your preferred delivery date.
- No more wasting ingredients. – Ingredients come pre-measured, so there’s never any food waste.
- Relax and enjoy. – Step by step directions (with photos) make creating Martha's dishes at home easy.
View this week's recipes from Martha & Marley Spoon, and set your schedule free from the burden of weekly grocery shopping. You'll love this service so much, you'll wish you tried it sooner.
Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Roasted Zucchini
Shrimp scampi is an undying classic—it’s hard to beat the flavors of fresh garlic, parsley, and lemon, especially when succulent shrimp are added to the mix. Like most seafood, shrimp cooks quickly in a hot skillet, so keep an eye on them: as soon as they turn pink and opaque they’re ready. Zucchini is simply roasted and tossed with lemon zest for a bright and hearty accompaniment.
Calories: 710 kcal/person
Allergens: shellfish, milk, gluten
Chef: Martha Stewart
- 1 lb zucchini (2, 8 oz)
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp (tail on; 21/30)
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 1 oz butter
- 16 oz spaghetti (garofolo)
- 1 oz fresh parsley
- coarse salt
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- large pot
- rimmed baking sheet
- large skillet
- Prep ingredients – Preheat oven to 450°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Zest and juice lemon. Peel and finely chop garlic. Remove parsley leaves from stems and roughly chop leaves. Remove stem ends from zucchini and cut lengthwise into quarters.
- Roast zucchini – Toss zucchini with 1 tablespoon oil on a rimmed baking sheet and season with ½ teaspoon salt and several grinds pepper. Roast zucchini, shaking sheet halfway through, until tender and well-browned, 15–20 minutes. Immediately toss with half of the lemon zest.
- Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook until al dente, 10–12 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta water and drain.
- Cook shrimp – Meanwhile, heat ¼ cup oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Season shrimp all over with pepper and ½ teaspoon salt. When oil is hot, add shrimp and cook, stirring, until opaque and just cooked through, 1–2 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl, leaving oil behind.
- Make lemon-butter sauce – Add garlic to oil in skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add butter and stir until melted. Remove skillet from heat, stir in lemon juice, and remaining lemon zest, and season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Transfer sauce to bowl with shrimp.
- Finish & serve – Add spaghetti to bowl with shrimp along with half of the parsley and toss well to combine, adding some of the reserved pasta water if necessary to loosen sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with remaining parsley. Serve with zucchini. Enjoy!
We were invited by Martha & Marley Spoon to try their service and share this delicious recipe with you. We hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we do!