There's nothing quite like the smell of homemade bread in the fall, and this Homemade Spiced Banana Bread recipe is no exception. Made with fall's favorite flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, this ramped up version of it's-not-your-mom's banana bread recipe will satisfy all your seasonal comfort food cravings.
Homemade Spiced Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add milk. Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined.
- In another bowl, mix together the ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
If you love this spiced banana bread recipe, don't forget to check out these other popular bread recipes too!
- Basic Homemade Bread Recipe
- Crusty French Bread Recipe
- World's Best Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Honey-Cinnamon Butter
- Coconut Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze