This Spicy Seed Mix Recipe isn't as boring as it sounds! These are so easy to make and can be used in so many ways. They are even perfect for turning a fresh summer salad into a really tasty meal.
Spicy Seed Mix Recipe
I love getting some lovely fresh bread dipped into olive oil and then the seeds, you just have to try it!
This Spicy Seed Mix Recipe makes a great unique, useful gift for a savoury food lover. Package them in a glass jar like shown in the photos with some pretty ribbon, or a cardboard sweet tube decorated with wrapping paper or wallpaper.
You can vary the combination of seeds to suit your taste and experiment with different mixes to find your favourite. I'm going to share with you how I make mine so I suggest you try out this first! The seeds can be stored for up to eight weeks.
- 50g (1 3/4 oz) sesame seeds
- 120g (4oz) sunflower seeds
- 120g (4oz) pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to about 200C/ 400F /gas mark 6 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Mix all the seeds in a bowl until they are all wall combined.
- Then mix the salt, garam masala powder and sunflower oil.
- Coat the seeds in the oil mixture until all the seeds are coated well.
- Carefully tip the seeds out on to the baking sheet you prepared earlier into one thin even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 10-15 minutes or until nice and golden. Turn once or twice so the seeds are all evenly baked.
- Remove from the oven and leave to completely cook on the baking sheet as they will be very hot. Pack the seeds into sterilized jars or your own choice of packaging.
Let me know what you think of this recipe and if you think you might try it?