Perfect for game day munching, this Sweet and Salty Party Mix Recipe takes it up a notch with its delicious, homemade crunchy caramel sauce coating. This is a favorite treat for little ones with small hands who love to munch all day long while watching the big game.
Sweet and Salty Party Mix Recipe
- 12 tbsp. (3/4 cup) butter
- 6 tbsp. (3 oz) corn syrup
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 c. popcorn (popped)
- 2 c. chex cereal
- 2 c. pretzel sticks
- 1 c. M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- Place popcorn, cereal, and pretzel sticks in a large bowl. Mix to combine and set aside.
- In a saucepan on the stove top combine butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar over medium-low to medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture boils. Continue boiling at a stead rate for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour caramel over dry ingredients in bowl and mix to combine.
- Spread mixture onto greased cookie sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add M&M’s. Let cool completely.