Thank you to Dark Horse Wines for sponsoring this perfect-for-summer recipe!
This White Wine Strawberry Lemonade Sangria is slightly tart with a naturally sweet kick making it the perfect refreshment throughout the summer months. Serve this cocktail over ice to keep cool on those hot summer nights.
For this sangria I like to use Dark Horse Sauvignon Blanc, a refreshing wine offering bright aromas of grapefruit and gooseberry lined with fresh green notes. Layers of citrus and melon flavors create a crisp taste with medium viscosity and a long, refreshing finish.
White Wine Strawberry Lemonade Sangria
Fresh lemons and strawberries give this sangria the fresh, crisp flavor everyone looks for on those hot summer days. Add thin slices of your favorite apple variety for an added depth of flavor that pairs perfectly with crisp taste of this Sauvignon Blanc.
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced lengthwise
- 1 (750 ml) bottle Dark Horse Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 3 cups lemon-lime soda
- Place lemon slices to a large pitcher, then the apples, then the strawberries.
- Pour the wine and rum over the top.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and add the lemon lime soda. Add a few pieces of the fruit to your glass and pour sangria over to serve.