This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigHero6MovieNight #CollectiveBias
It's no secret our family is HUGE Disney Big Hero 6 fans, the Animated Feature Film winner at the 2015 Academy Awards. So when Big Hero 6 became available at Target on Blu-Ray and DVD this week, we just had to pick up a copy and throw a fun, easy Big Hero 6 Party to celebrate our favorite huggable robot, Baymax.
I had the opportunity to go behind the scenes and interview the cast and directors of Big Hero 6, and learn more about Hiro Hamada, as he discovers it will take more than his own powers to save the city and uncover the mystery of the man behind the mask. With the help of his close friends, adrenaline junkie Go Go Tamago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon, fanboy Fred, and of course his inflatable plus-sized robot Baymax, Hiro and his group of prodigies transform into a band of high-tech heroes determined to save the city of San Fransokyo.
Big Hero 6 kicks off with an amazing action packed sequence our kids love, and with all the heart and humor audiences expect from Walt Disney Animation Studios this movie perfect for audiences of all ages.
The centerpiece of our party was our kid's favorite Baymax cupcakes. As we sat down to watch the movie, the kids jumped at the chance to take a bite out of their favorite lovable character.
Of course, once the cupcakes were devoured, it was time to finish watching our kid's favorite robotic character Baymax, and the Big Hero 6. Bah a la la la.
Big Hero 6 Cupcakes
Kids will love snacking our these delicious, Red Velvet Baymax cupcakes while they sit and enjoy Big Hero 6 in the comfort in their own home. With a hit of dark chocolate and a touch of vanilla, these cupcakes are sure to be a hit with everyone.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (or milk)
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 pound unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3-4 cups sifted confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons milk or cream
- regular sized marshmallows
- black food gel
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pans with red paper cupcake liners.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg, vegetable oil, buttermilk, red food coloring, and vanilla extract until well combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until smooth, about a minute.
- In a small dish, mix together baking soda and vinegar. While the baking soda and vinegar mixture is bubbling, add it to the batter and mix well.
- Using a large cookie scoop, fill the cups 2/3 of the way. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes for 5 minutes in the pan. Then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl with a hand mixer), beat butter on medium-high speed until it’s the consistency of mayonnaise. Add salt, 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Continue adding confectioner’s sugar in 1/2-cup increments until you’ve added 3 cups, scraping bowl between additions.
- Add 2 tablespoons milk or cream and beat on high-speed until fluffy. Test frosting consistency. If you want a stiffer frosting for piping, continue adding confectioner’s sugar in 1/2-cup increments until desired consistency is reached. For a looser or fluffier frosting, add additional milk or cream in 1-tablespoon increments. Frost as desired.
- To create the Baymax marshmallows, take one marshmallow at a time and draw a straight line with the black food gel.
- Using the black food gel, make a small dot at each end of the line. Place on top of a frosted cupcake.
Free Big Hero 6 Printables, Recipes, Crafts, Activity Sheets and more!!!
To help you decorate and prepare for your party, I’m sharing these fun Free Printable Big Hero 6 party invitations, activity sheets, science experiments, coloring pages, post cards, crafts, and delicious movie-themed recipes to get you (and the kids) excited about hosting your own family movie night with Baymax and Big Hero 6! You can download all the fun from last year's Big Hero 6 upcoming release posts here, here, and here. (Disney printables were provided by Walt Disney Studios to promote Big Hero 6.)
Big Hero 6 at Target
Want to create your own Big Hero 6 family movie night? Run out and buy Big Hero 6 , now available on Blu-Ray and DVD at Target stores nationwide. Just look for the Big Hero 6 display near the entrance of the store, or in the electronics department.