These Easy Cheese Board Ideas for a Girls Night In with Book Club is sponsored by Paramount Pictures.
Book Club is now available for download on Digital in the iTunes Store, and to celebrate we’re partnering with our friends at Paramount Pictures to share with you how to create this Easy Cheese Board, perfect for hosting a ‘girls night in' Book Club movie night this weekend.
What we love most about this easy cheese board is that you can essentially throw it together in just a few minutes with a handful of store-bought items. There’s no cooking required!!! Just some simple food styling and the pairing of your favorite flavors. While there are no written rules on what you should serve on a cheese board, we do have some simple pairing ideas you and your girlfriends are going to love.
About Book Club
Diane (Diane Keaton) is recently widowed after 40 years of marriage. Vivian (Jane Fonda) enjoys her men with no strings attached. Sharon (Candice Bergen) is still working through a decades-old divorce. Carol’s (Mary Steenburgen) marriage is in a slump after 35 years.
Four lifelong friends have their lives turned upside down to hilarious ends when their book club tackles the infamous Fifty Shades of Grey. From discovering new romance to rekindling old flames, they inspire each other to make their next chapter the best chapter.
Easy Cheese Board Ideas for a Girls Night In
Eye-pleasing cheese boards are a go-to party staple at our house. There's just something beautiful about a rustic board stuffed full of organic ingredients that blend deliciously together. When creating this easy cheese board, plan on 2-3 ounces of meat per person and 1 to 1 1/2 of cheese per serving. Fruits, nuts, crackers, and herbs can be used to fill in the gaps and can be replenished throughout the night.
And while we do love a beautiful platter, there's nothing we love more than pairing this tasty salver with a diverse selection of wines. Here are some of our favorite wine and cheese pairing combinations.
Wine and Cheese Pairings
- Sauvignon Blanc: Goat, Asiago, Gouda, Gruyere
- Pinot Noir: Gouda, Feta, Swiss, Port Salut
- Pinot Gris: Muenster, Goat, Gouda, Edam
- Cabernet Sauvignon: Blue, Washed Rind, Camembert
- Gruner Veltliner: Muenster, Goat, Blue
- Zinfandel: Cheddar, Sheep, Blue, Feta
- Riesling: Colby, Gouda, Brie, Blue
- Merlot: Gorgonzola, Brie, Camembert, Cheddar
- Champagne: Beaufort, Colby, Edam, Brie
Back to the board. When creating the perfect cheese board, keep in mind you will want to have a wide selection of flavors for your guests to choose from. You want to include 3-4 cheeses and meats, 2-3 fruits, crackers, and nuts, as well as 2-3 jams or honey for those guests with a sweet tooth. Here are some fresh ideas to get you started.
Creating the Perfect Cheese Board
- Pick one of each type of cheese:
- Soft: Mozzarella, Brie, Humbolt Fog, Saint Andre
- Semi-Soft: Stilton, Gouda, Jarlsberg, Oka
- Semi-Hard: Manchego, Sage Derby, Provolone, Comte
- Hard: Aged Cheddar, Parmesan, Ages Asiago, Cheshire
- Add Meats
- Prosciutto, Salame, Sopressata, Pepperoni
- Add Bread & Crackers
- Bagel Chips, Toasts, Artisanal Crisps
- Add Fresh Fruit:
- Figs, Nectarines, Pluots, Grapes, Strawberries, Cherries, Blackberries, Blueberries, Olives
- Add Dried Fruits:
- Apricots, Raisins, Prunes
- Add Nuts
- Almonds, Cashews, Marcona Almonds, Pistachios
- Spreads & Herbs
- Honey, Chutney, Jams, Rosemary Sprigs, Basil Leaves
- Pick a cheese board. (Slate boards, large cutting boards, single platters, or even a cookie sheet will work.)
- Arrange your cheese in an artful way.
- Arrange jars of jams, bowls of olives, and antipasto.
- Add meats. (Place a variety of sliced and rolled up meats.)
- Scatter crackers and breadsticks to fill up space.
- Add fruits, nuts, and herbs, to keep the colors balanced and beautiful.
Simple right? If you don't mind doing a little cooking, you can even serve some grilled vegetables to go with this easy cheese board. Colorful vegetables like asparagus, zucchini, eggplant, and cherry tomatoes are the perfect compliment to this dish.
To go with the theme of the film Book Club, decorate the table with small vases bursting with large, beautiful white blooms. Simple, yet stunning!
After the film, don't forget to have some sweet treats like milk and dark chocolates, and sweet and salty popcorn to enjoy as you finish your glasses of wine.
Pin the image below to share these easy cheese board ideas for celebrating the release of the film Book Club in the iTunes Store this weekend, and grab your girlfriends for a girl's night in full of laughter from this incredible, feel-good film.