Whether you want to go on a private getaway, spend time alone together at home, or are looking for that special gift for your special someone, adding a romantic touch to your anniversary will help rekindle those feelings that made you decide to get married in the first place. Try some of these inspirational romantic anniversary ideas and ignite your next passionate celebration.
Romantic Anniversary Ideas
Plan a romantic getaway.
- Plan a surprise weekend escape from the city.
- Ask the concierge to plan the day for you.
- Pick up tickets to take a romantic train ride in a compartment just for two.
- Take a stroll hand-in-hand along the waterfront.
- Go on a romantic nighttime picnic that overlooks an amazing view, like a natural lake or cityscape, or sit atop of a tall hill.
- Enjoy a barefoot dinner on the beach.
- Treat yourselves to a moonlight cruise.
- Bring back fond memories by taking your partner back to the place that you had your first date and recreate that night.
Make your anniversary special.
- Say “I Do” again and celebrate a vow renewal.
- Instead of venturing out to a restaurant, get creative with your romantic anniversary ideas by whipping up something tasty together in your kitchen.
- Request the honeymoon suite.
- Order breakfast from room service and don't leave the room all day.
- Plant a kiss in an unexpected place.
- Hire a photographer and go for a romantic photo shoot together.
- Gather up all the old pictures ever taken of the two of you and make a romantic photo album or scrapbook to give as a gift, or spend an evening making it together.
- Play a game for grownups.
Create a homemade anniversary gift.
If you're crafty, you can create your own homemade anniversary gifts that are personal, unique, and from the heart.
Check out this romantic gift perfect for recording personal memories by Grace Light of Poetic Home:
…(she) created faux Dewey Decimal catalog cards, where the book number is replaced by milestone dates, chapters of our love overwrites book titles, and important locations substitute publisher cities. One day, when we are both old and wrinkled, I hope we will be able to fill the box completely with our life’s chapters together.
Whatever you do, remember that anniversaries are a reason to celebrate two special people who fell in love and are grateful for each other every single day. What favorite romantic anniversary ideas would you add to our list?