Thank you JCPenney for sponsoring this post. Visit JCPenney in-store or online to shop the new fashionable picks at an affordable price!
With summer nearly over families everywhere are gearing up to go back to school. From shopping for school supplies to shopping for back to school trends kids and parents alike are preparing for the new school year. While the thought of back to school shopping can seem quite daunting, especially with a large family like ours, I'm here to make shopping easy for you with our in-store shopping tips and the must-have styles this year.
Tips for Shopping with Large Families
Shopping the latest back to school trends can be quick, easy, affordable, and most importantly fun for both you and your children with a little planning before you hit the stores. With our simple tips below for shopping with and for a large family, you'll be in and out of the store with everything you need in no time at all.
- Prior to shopping, make a list of the must have items for each child. Whether your children need shorts, shirts, shoes, or graphic tees, create an individual list of necessities for each child, organized from head to toe.
- Shop a one-stop shopping destination like JCPenney, who offers a variety of stylish and affordable fashion, home, and beauty merchandise. With their broad assortment of products from leading private, exclusive, and national brands you're sure to find what you love.
- When shopping, choose shorts, pants, and/or skirts first. These items tend to have the least color options and it's easier to match colorful tops with basic bottoms than to match limited color bottoms to graphic tops. This is a huge time-saver when we shop!
- Don't be afraid to build outfits in store. You will always find me layering and building outfits on the racks in a store.
- Let the kids help shop too! Having an extra set (or two, or three) of eyes and hands help shop saves time and frustration. Plus kids' love to pick out their own styles. It's also a great opportunity to teach fashion do's and don'ts to children of every age.
Not only is shopping JCPenney worth your time, money, and effort, their styles are priced to buy and guaranteed to be loved by you and your children.
Style Watch: Back to School Trends at JCPenney
It's all about the back to school fashion trends now that our oldest children are tweens, and while I miss shopping for them on my own, I love how they now use fashion to express their own style and personalities.
This year, back to school trends are all about 90's Retro, Retro Sport, and Graphic Tees, three style our kids absolutely love and love to mix and match. Remember, style is all about expressing yourself and there are no boundaries to creating your own flair.
Our twins, Kevin and Lewis, fell in love with both the 90's Retro and Retro Sports trend and wasted no time combine their two favorite styles. Bold pop culture graphic tees paired with oversized plaid flannels in updated colors look amazing when paired with vivid athleisure shorts letting our kids' relaxed sporty style shine.
Our two youngest children couldn't resist the Graphic tee trend either, with Mitch following in his big brothers' footsteps falling in love with the 90's Retro trend while Gracie, our little princess, grabbed anything and everything with a unicorn on it.
For me, the best part about shopping JCPenney for back to school trends is their variety of back to school fashion at great price points. For our large family with four kids, we were able to purchase 8 shorts, 6 shirts, and 3 flannels that our kids love all for less than $150.00. That's a win win in my book!
Plus, the clothes we purchased were not only fashionable and affordable, they were comfortable. Our kids couldn't resist playing an impromptu game of monkey in the middle on the school campus. Check out more of the images from our JCPenney photo shoot below and get out and shop JCPenney's back to school trends before they're gone.