Hallelujah it's raining in California! I know much of the US has been in a major snow storm, but California has been dry. Bone dry. Having our first rainy days this winter mean it's time for rainy day crafting, and in keeping in the spirit of Valentine's I thought it would be fun to create a Valentine's DIY Water Globe.
Valentine's DIY Water Globe
Create a Valentine's DIY Water Globe in mere minutes with this simple tutorial and Martha Stewart Iridescent Hearts and Glitter. The combination of iridescent glitter and sparkling glitter creates the feeling of confetti in a jar, without the mess!
- Smooth Mason Jar
- Distilled Water
- Martha Stewart Iridescent Hearts and Stars Glitter – Cotton Candy
- Martha Stewart Iridescent Hearts and Stars Glitter – Sugar Cube
- Martha Stewart Glitter Set – Tourmaline
- Martha Stewart Glitter Set – Crystal
(Optional: Clear-drying epoxy)
- Fill smooth mason jar almost to the top with distilled water. Add Martha Stewart Glitter and Martha Stewart Iridescent Hearts and Stars Glitter to the jar.
- Don't forget to let little hands help!
- Fill the jar with as much (or as little) glitter as you like.
- Add a dash of glycerin, a little at a time. I used 1/2 – 3/4 of a teaspoon for a large smooth mason jar. You want just enough so the glitter doesn't fall too fast, but not so much that all the glitter clumps together.
- Fill the mason jar with additional distilled water until it is full. Screw the lid on tightly.
- To seal the jar permanently, add epoxy to the lid before closing. Turn the jar over and back again—and let it rain confetti!
For more #12MonthsofMartha inspiration, follow #12MonthsofMartha on Pinterest and Instagram (simply search the hashtag #12MonthsofMartha!) or visit here!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia for 12 Months of Martha.